Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Che storia triste...

Risposte migliori

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=178457&whichpage=1

I showed my friend, a fellow collector, my small collection of Ameican coins. Nothing big, some BU wheaties and Mercs. Then I showed him my very special 1944 Mercury Dime - the first silver US coin I ever purchased. Even though it was Good, it really had a place in my heart. After my collector friend picked out some coins that I'd sell to him, I left the coins unattended for a few seconds to do something. Then I gathered my coins and left.

After I came home, I realized that the very Merc that was my favorite, the first Merc I ever purchased was missing. And guess what? My collector buddy showed me pics of his coin album. And that 1944 Merc
was right there. Well, at least at first I tried convincing myself that it was pure "coin"cidence. But the evidences were too clear.
1) I always write down descriptions on the 2x2 in English, while my collector friend doesn't (writes in Korean).
2) The dime was replaced in a new 2x2, and yet the descriptions are written exactly as I wrote it. That's the only 2x2 that has a full description in English in the whole album. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
3) My collector buddy would always inform me with his new purchases, yet he didn't say anything about that Merc before.

I'm in a really uncomfortable situation. That fellow collector is a good buddy of mine, so I don't want to make negative relationships. However, I certainly do want that Merc back.

Deep internal conflict here.
"To choose friendship or Merc, that is the question!"

I asked my "collector friend" if he had taken it by accident.
The "collector friend"'s reply was:
"Dude, there are more than just one 1944 merc out there. I just happen to have the same kind of coin as the one you lost."
Obviously, he lost the chance to be honest and ask for forgiveness. icon_smile_angry.gif

Now, with the "collector friend" disagreeing with my rightful ownership of the Merc, I really have no way to get that coin back. I do not have any photos of the dime or the 2x2 it was originally housed in. I haven't got any evidences to say that it is my dime. Lesson learned: always take good pictures of your coins if it is valuable/ means a lot to you. It will come in handy one day.icon_smile_blackeye.gif

I was actually the one to get the "collector friend" into collecting. I've taught the "collector friend" many valuable collecting tips and information, went to coin shops with the "collector friend," and I've even given some of
my coins to the "collector friend" to get him hooked in collecting. I am now left with feelings of disappointment. I feel betrayed.

icon_smile_disapprove.gif

A qualcuno è mai capitata un'esperienza simile (spero di no). Cosa avreste fatto?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

L'autore ha scritto che deve scegliere tra l'amicizia e la moneta ma anche se fosse stata la cosa più inutile del mondo il suo amico è un vero pezzo di m...!

Se capitasse a me una cosa così.. Sono un tipo pacifico probabilmente non direi niente e taglierei tutti i rapporti.. sono persone che non meritano neanche il perdono..

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

:diablo: Perbacco!!!!!!!!!

A prescindere che non lascio le monete da solo manco a mia moglie , se fosse capitato a me avrei un amico in meno e l'ospedale un paziente in +

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Awards

Alla fine ha perso solo la moneta perchè l'amicizia non c'era già da prima. Per fortuna che si tratta di cose di poco conto dato che quella moneta vale circa 1€ e l'amicizia con una persona di m... non vale proprio nulla. Io non riuscirei mai a guardare in faccia uno che mi ha rubato anche solo 1 centesimo, è una questione di principio.

E' successo anche ad una mia amica: invita a casa una sua "amica", in casa erano solo loro due e dopo... "che fine ha fatto quella banconota da 20€ che era dentro il mio portafoglio sopra il mobile del mio bagno?" E ovviamente non l'ha più guardata in faccia, senza dirle nulla.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=178457&whichpage=1

I showed my friend, a fellow collector, my small collection of Ameican coins. Nothing big, some BU wheaties and Mercs. Then I showed him my very special 1944 Mercury Dime - the first silver US coin I ever purchased. Even though it was Good, it really had a place in my heart. After my collector friend picked out some coins that I'd sell to him, I left the coins unattended for a few seconds to do something. Then I gathered my coins and left.

After I came home, I realized that the very Merc that was my favorite, the first Merc I ever purchased was missing. And guess what? My collector buddy showed me pics of his coin album. And that 1944 Merc

was right there. Well, at least at first I tried convincing myself that it was pure "coin"cidence. But the evidences were too clear.

1) I always write down descriptions on the 2x2 in English, while my collector friend doesn't (writes in Korean).

2) The dime was replaced in a new 2x2, and yet the descriptions are written exactly as I wrote it. That's the only 2x2 that has a full description in English in the whole album. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

3) My collector buddy would always inform me with his new purchases, yet he didn't say anything about that Merc before.

I'm in a really uncomfortable situation. That fellow collector is a good buddy of mine, so I don't want to make negative relationships. However, I certainly do want that Merc back.

Deep internal conflict here.

"To choose friendship or Merc, that is the question!"

I asked my "collector friend" if he had taken it by accident.

The "collector friend"'s reply was:

"Dude, there are more than just one 1944 merc out there. I just happen to have the same kind of coin as the one you lost."

Obviously, he lost the chance to be honest and ask for forgiveness. icon_smile_angry.gif

Now, with the "collector friend" disagreeing with my rightful ownership of the Merc, I really have no way to get that coin back. I do not have any photos of the dime or the 2x2 it was originally housed in. I haven't got any evidences to say that it is my dime. Lesson learned: always take good pictures of your coins if it is valuable/ means a lot to you. It will come in handy one day.icon_smile_blackeye.gif

I was actually the one to get the "collector friend" into collecting. I've taught the "collector friend" many valuable collecting tips and information, went to coin shops with the "collector friend," and I've even given some of

my coins to the "collector friend" to get him hooked in collecting. I am now left with feelings of disappointment. I feel betrayed.

icon_smile_disapprove.gif

A qualcuno è mai capitata un'esperienza simile (spero di no). Cosa avreste fatto?

Per come la vedo io, vorrei iniziare la sottoscrizione con successiva proposta di referendum per far ottenere solo ai collezionisti il porto d'armi (poi vediamo se non gli rende la moneta).

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Per come la vedo io, vorrei iniziare la sottoscrizione con successiva proposta di referendum per far ottenere solo ai collezionisti il porto d'armi (poi vediamo se non gli rende la moneta).

Proviene da un forum americano, non penso che abbiano problemi a possedere un'arma... :rofl:

Il problema è poi trovare un avvocato che ti difende per "eccesso di legittima difesa". :yahoo:

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Nessuno ha considerato la possibilità che il tizio fosse cleptomane ? ... non è patologia da romanzo. Esiste eccome.

Di fatto, per quanto tutto possa accadere, anche i fatti più strani, faccio fatica a capire come ci si possa perdere così in un bicchier d'acqua ... per una moneta che di fatto (stando a quanto sopra citato, non conoscendo la monetazione americana) può possedere certamente un valore storico/affettivo, ma non certo quello economico ... ;)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Nessuno ha considerato la possibilità che il tizio fosse cleptomane ? ... non è patologia da romanzo. Esiste eccome.

Di fatto, per quanto tutto possa accadere, anche i fatti più strani, faccio fatica a capire come ci si possa perdere così in un bicchier d'acqua ... per una moneta che di fatto (stando a quanto sopra citato, non conoscendo la monetazione americana) può possedere certamente un valore storico/affettivo, ma non certo quello economico ... ;)

Si tratta di una piccola monetina d'argento il cui valore è legato a quello del metallo: attualmente circa 1,3$ o 1€.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Si tratta di una piccola monetina d'argento il cui valore è legato a quello del metallo: attualmente circa 1,3$ o 1€.

come volevasi dimostrare ...

ma chi è così fesso (non trovo altri termini) da sottrarre una moneta di praticamente nessun valore, col rischio di compromettere una relazione (non dico un'amicizia, che è cosa sacra), foss'anche la più superficiale relazione tra due persone ? ... la logica ha pure un suo valore.... ;)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.