Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Taormina prep. & 3 new Roman Republican papers

ahala

Risposte migliori

In preparation for the XV International Numismatic Congress at Taormina next week I've just uploaded three papers I've written (actually two papers and a presentation) that may be useful background information for those attending my talk or others on Roman Republican Coinage. They are:

Anonymous Struck Bronze Coinage of the Roman Republic. This is a long paper within Essays Russo (Witschonke, van Alfen eds) that I'm only now uploading as it is a foundation for some of the material I talk about at Taormina

An extended version of my conference talk for next Monday, about Roman bronze coinage from Apulia during the second Punic war. It has extra slides to deal with matters that I will likely verbalise in the talk

Not directly related to this event but I also added a recent hoard report I wrote on 37 denarii from Spain with large knife cuts in it, just published in Essays Witschonke. I'd have held back a bit to allow the hardback copies to sell until I found that they are retailing at an eye watering $275.

https://www.academia.edu/15713015/Andrew_McCabe_A_Hoard_of_Cut_Roman_Denarii_from_the_Second_Punic_War_in_Fides_Contributions_to_Numismatics_in_Honour_of_Richard_B._Witschonke

I also included my personal conference agenda for Taormina - my selection of 40 talks to attend out of 400

https://www.academia.edu/15713189/Andrew_McCabe_conference_agenda_for_Taormina_International_Numismatic_Congress

Finally, I plan to tweet the conference experience next week, and am already tweeting preps for it

https://twitter.com/AMcCabeCoins

I attach below a couple of sample slides from my Taormina presentation.

Andrew McCabe

post-14251-0-96933500-1442593715_thumb.j

post-14251-0-34921800-1442593796_thumb.j

• Mi piace 7
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

My twitter account includes all my updates from the Taormina International Numismatic Congress

Please just scroll down through the tweets (150 tweets so far) to get the full story of the conference. Yesterday included a trip to Morgantina. Ted Buttery's story about Morgantina is here:

It's been such a marvellous week, with many interesting discussions every day and countless new contacts to be followed up.

Andrew

• Mi piace 3
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Supporter

Buon pomeriggio

Non è monetazione che seguo, ma :hi: questa è una Signora divulgazione.

Complimenti.

luciano

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.