Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

1681/1680 piastra

paultss

Risposte migliori

Hello!

I'm really curious to know what does an R2 means in terms of mintage for a coin like this 1681/1680 piastra of Tuscany. Also do you think this is a collectable grade and what would be it's value in this condition. Many thanks!Any reply is appreciated!

222.jpg

111.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

In this condition is valutable €100/150 the grade very scarce in Italy mb in scala Americana xf30? Xf 25? I don't no.!

This coin is difficult reperibility in ottimal condition in au grade is very difficult in ms grade is never apper..

My englis is very easy..

Bye 

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you for your reply guys!My coin is probably a VF20/25!It is very interesting that the catalogue says 1650$ in Vf condition,but i suppose is just an inflated value as in many other cases.I'm still wandering what the mintage was for this type?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Yes,there has been a devaluation in Italy as regards both Italian and regional currencies for some years, but we must observe that with regard to the high conservatism ms 60/66 for example, for example, prices have doubled from a few years ago to today.

it is also true that in low conservation the Tuscan coins, for example, were very present on the auction websites, there was more material on offer than the market demand and also the economic crisis no longer allowed a lot of usability on the part of average customers low, the euro and the lack of an economic political maneuver in Italy has led to a long spend more and save less money.

where are you from?
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

6 hours ago, fofo said:

I don't know the circulation of this coin, but in the last few years some of the auctions have appeared, the books refer to R2, the type with a single date is rarer

I'm from UK! Very interesting information,good to know!I have noticed similar inflated value at the 1800 M taler or the 1666 Milan filippo!Nevertheless, the italian states piastra,ducatone and tallero are some of the most beautiful large coins ever minted!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

22 hours ago, fofo said:

I

IMG_20170915_170218_resized_20171013_022459243.jpg

Wow!Both coins are simply brilliant!On a personal note i like the Ferdinand piece very much!I find his portrait extremly beautiful and it's a coin that i would like to have  even in a worn grade!Congrats!

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

the Medici coinage for me remains as you have defined it, brilliant, the engravers like the Gaspare Mola also worked afterwards in the court of the Gonzaga, even in their emissions something denoting astonishing ..

I do not know the coinage of the United Kingdom well, in fact I only see the golden pound very much in vogue, but I am sure that going back in time there was some nice coinage of expression.

I advise you if you like the Tuscan coins to get some pure of the Medici or florin, surely they will not be devalued in the following years, even in low conservation ..

Greetings
Rodolfo

240px-Grand_Duke_CosimoIII_of_Tuscany_by_van_Douven.jpg

header-home-FCVB-1024.jpg

Modificato da fofo
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

23 hours ago, fofo said:

the Medici coinage for me remains as you have defined it, brilliant, the engravers like the Gaspare Mola also worked afterwards in the court of the Gonzaga, even in their emissions something denoting astonishing ..

I do not know the coinage of the United Kingdom well, in fact I only see the golden pound very much in vogue, but I am sure that going back in time there was some nice coinage of expression.

I advise you if you like the Tuscan coins to get some pure of the Medici or florin, surely they will not be devalued in the following years, even in low conservation ..

Greetings
Rodolfo

240px-Grand_Duke_CosimoIII_of_Tuscany_by_van_Douven.jpg

header-home-FCVB-1024.jpg

Thank you once again for the advice!Without a doubt i will buy some piastra from Tuscany in the future !I dont like english coinage as i collect german thalers mainly,ducatons and large silver coins!I'll post below two italian coins that i have!

Best regards,

Paul

Modificato da paultss
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I see that the Italian mint coins I like very much!

if you don't like the gold sequins or the florins always in Florence I suggest you saw your passion for the great silver modules the mint of Livorno are very particular as they look and the doctors have caught as always the vision over the centuries ..

I am attaching two examples ..image to web now..

I don't put more pictures of my coins, not even to become too visible

1683libu.jpg

livorno-gian-gastone-1723-1737-tollero-5317666-XL.jpg

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

yes I showed you the most expressive and important pieces, how not to show you from the web always the piece of the rose, a great iconography coin unique for the beauty of the world of Livorno always under the Medici, but minted in Florence.4552225l.thumb.jpg.5510f9eb1f1d589c5e173c4d33bf4a8c.jpg

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

@paultss

hello, it is also true that for example in recent years on auctions and on the web there has been a great offer of coins like yours, from the period of the Medici family, but now on the web and on auctions we are seeing less, much less, therefore the market has absorbed the material and, therefore it may be that the prices tend on those few that will appear to rise.

in the end it is a wheel and the market turns.

could go up again.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.