Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Diva Faustina - Un Corpus

acraf

Risposte migliori

Tra circa due mesi sarà possibile acquistare presso la American Numismatic Society un volume dedicato alla monetazione di Diva Faustina:

post-7204-0-52647000-1341238172_thumb.jp

Diva Faustina. Coinage and Cult in Rome and the Provinces by Martin Beckmann (Numismatic Studies 26, 2012)

ISBN 978-0-89722-322-5

ISSN 051-7404-X

184 pages, 36 plates, 18 die-charts

Price: $95

Members: $66.50

FREE SHIPPING on all domestic retail orders placed before June 30th, 2012. $5.00 OFF SHIPPING on all international retail orders placed before June 30th, 2012. This is a pre-order publication that will ship in August 2012.

The coinage struck posthumously in the name of Faustina the Elder, wife of the Roman emperor Antoninus Pius, was the largest such issue ever produced by the mint of Rome. Until now it has been impossible to date these coins with any accuracy, and thus difficult to determine their place in imperial ideology. This study definitively resolves the chronological difficulties of these undated issues by means of die study of Diva Faustina's gold and bronze coinage. This new understanding of the coinage then forms the basis for a study of the iconographic commemoration of Faustina in all media throughout the empire. It sheds significant new light on the changing nature of the cult of Faustina during (and perhaps after) the lifetime of her husband Antoninus Pius, on the nature and mechanisms of family commemoration in the Antonine period in general, on the cult of the divi divaeque, and especially on the role of imperial women, living and dead, in the presentation of the public image of the emperor both in Rome and in the provinces. The volume contains illustrated catalogues of the sestertii and aurei in the name of Diva Faustina, including forgeries and a statistical analysis, co-authored with Warren Esty.

Martin Beckmann is assistant professor in the Department of Classics at McMaster University and author of The Column of Marcus Aurelius: The Genesis and Meaning of a Roman Imperial Monument.

Il link e:

http://numismatics.org/Store/NS26

So che la sezione più appropriata sarebbe quella delle novità editoriali, ma temo che possa sfuggire agli appassionati delle romane imperiali.

Dalla succinta presentazione sembra che sia un Corpus di aurei e sesterzi, con analisi dei conii e falsi noti, mentre non accenna ai denari, che sono molto più comuni (evidentemente con maggiori problemi di identificazione dei conii).

Comunque dovrebbe essere un'opera molto utile, anche se in inglese, per analizzare le monete e il culto di Faustina I, moglie di Antonino Pio.

E' anche un'occasione per vedere come viene affrontato con criteri scientifici una determinata monetazione imperiale e la serietà dell'opera sembra confermata dal prestigioso editore, l'American Numismatic Society (ANS).

• Mi piace 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

un libro che mi piacerebbe avere.....ma devo trovare qualche anima buona che me lo possa ordinare per me...per scelta,non ho carte di credito e per queste cose sono un troglodita... :blush:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 anno dopo...

un libro che mi piacerebbe avere.....ma devo trovare qualche anima buona che me lo possa ordinare per me...per scelta,non ho carte di credito e per queste cose sono un troglodita... :blush:

Mi sembra che tu abbia il PayPal.

Puoi acquistarlo in Europa ad esempio a questo sito, che accetta i pagamenti in PayPal:

http://www.ma-shops.de/jacquier/item.php5?id=1436〈=en&curr=EUR&save=1

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 settimane dopo...

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.