Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

more information required

paultss

Risposte migliori

Hello there,

First of all i want to apologize for posting in english but unfortunately i don't speak italian and i believe the information i need is more likely to be found on an italian numismatics forum. The coin in the picture is, as far as i know, a tallero of 80 soldi ,Bozzolo,no date, S.Gonzaga,weights 25.5 grams,R 4. What i'm interested to know,if possible, is the number of similar coins known to exist at the moment .I posted about this coin on other forums too, and people gave their best to give as much info as possible but i believe i can find out more about this coin by posting on your forum. Thank you for you time!

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

hello folks, let's help our guest. Maybe he does'nt know that he needs more active messages to post pictures in our forum.

As in the past I (and not only) wrote for my researches also in foreign numismatic forums (with a lot of interesting answers), it would be kind if we can help him, too.

Numismatics should be a borderless community!

Ciao

Luigi

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello @paultss,

I can recommend the purchase of this book. Is the most recent (published in 2014) and most detailed research on the coins that interest them. You will find all the information that interests you.

Best regards, Teo

00127.jpg

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you Luigi and Teo,

I wouldn't have posted a picture had i knew it was forbidden as a newbie so i apologize for that. I appreciate trying to help me as i helped a lot of collectors,on other forums, to get as many info as possible about their coins. Indeed,  Numismatics should be a borderless community otherwise we would be missing valuable knowledge. Buying this book seems like a good option since my research(Krause,Varesi) only brought some basic details and i think i should be able to find out more.

Best regards,

Paul

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

It is not forbidden to post if you are new. There  is just a direct upload limitation to avoid spamming.

you can post images by uploading to an image repository and posting the link.

However if you write few more messages (I believe 5) you should be able to put your images (with a size limit) in the forum.

We really would love to see the coin as it appears to be very rare indeed!!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Awards

intanto sarebbe interessante sapere se è il tipo con al rovescio lo scudo (r5), oppure l'aquila.(che è r4). se potete tradurlo voi perchè il mio inglese non è il massimo.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you for your research!It's very interesting because in Krause (KM46) is not mentioned as rare and then i find it as a R4(CNI20/23,MIR55). Personally i only managed to find another two similar coins and that's why i posted around here because i was sure Italian numismatists would know more than i could already find.

Best regards,

Paul

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

per me autentica, mb/bb

dovresti cercare sul Ravegnani- Morosini quanti passaggi in asta ci sono stati nell'ultimo secolo.

Modificato da dux-sab
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Once again i'm grateful for your information!I will follow your advice. Months ago I presented it to some top coin dealers in London and they also said it seems genuine but one of them was very cheeky and tried to offer me around 160 euros for it and i kindly refused. I collect talers, ducatons, 8 reales and crown size coins, and i was very lucky to buy this one and no matter how valuable it is or not it's going to stay in my collection at least as long as i live.

Best regards,

Paul

• Mi piace 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 4 settimane dopo...
Il 12/12/2017 alle 16:04, paultss dice:

Once again i'm grateful for your information!I will follow your advice. Months ago I presented it to some top coin dealers in London and they also said it seems genuine but one of them was very cheeky and tried to offer me around 160 euros for it and i kindly refused. I collect talers, ducatons, 8 reales and crown size coins, and i was very lucky to buy this one and no matter how valuable it is or not it's going to stay in my collection at least as long as i live.

Sul volume del Bellesia del quale è riportata la copertina più sopra sono citati "pochi esemplari conosciuti". Ne vengono poi descritti 3, uno nella collezione BAM (ex Magnaguti), uno al Gabinetto Numismatico del Castello Sforzesco di Milano, e uno passato in asta Finarte nel 1976. Sul CNI sono citati quattro esemplari, due dei quali dovrebbero essere diversi da quelli citati dal Bellesia. Ce ne sono poi sicuramente altri in alcune collezioni private qui nel mantovano, ma non saprei stimare quanti siano. Indubbiamente è moneta di grande rarità, e nonostante il dritto sia inferiore all'MB penso che se un giorno deciderai di vendere troverai facilmente qualcuno che ti dia più dei 160 miseri Euro che ti hanno offerto (io sicuramente :D )

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you for your research,Paolino67! After reading all the info in this topic I imagine there's not too many left so to me, this coin is like a once in a lifetime chance . I don't know what's the value of it and i agree the obverse is not Vf, maybe Vg and the reverse F. Unfortunately i think i'll keep it, but i do appreciate your humor!!

Best regards,

Paul

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.