• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Accedi per seguire questo  
L. Licinio Lucullo

Aes signatum

Risposte migliori

L. Licinio Lucullo

Excuse for writing in (poor) English. I look forward to an answer from our friend Ahala, too.

Some time ago I found these two pictures on the internet. I think they were official pictures from the British Museum, but I'm not able any loger to retrieve that web page.

Anyway, the "fishbone" is the same wich Ahala publishes (http://www.flickr.co...ome/5142654991/) and its actually an ingot of the BM, whilst the "club" ingot is reproduced in a drawing (http://www.letarot.it/page.aspx?id=283) referred to the BM.

I'm intrested now in the "club" ingot.

Is it the reverse side of the "fishbone"?

Wich is its Tulow and Vecchi classification (I'm sorry, I don't have the book)?

Is it the aes signatum known as "pole" ("asta") type? If not, wich is a picture of the "pole" variety?

post-13865-0-31217500-1337078269_thumb.j

Modificato da L. Licinio Lucullo

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

ahala

Yes the club is on the reverse of the fishbone bar. It is classified as Thurlow-Vecchi AS2, and is also shown on Haeberlin plate 32. Thurlow-Vecchi says that the type is of great rarity and so cannot be assigned to a specific mint. It is not listed in Crawford (so, he does not think that it is from Rome).

Andrew

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti