Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Russian Bronze? 1755?

Risposte migliori

Hi kishim,

this coin is supposed to be a kopeck, the year is -as you saw- 1755.

Unfortunately I can't tell you if this coin is genuine or is a forgery, I'm not an expert in russian coinage and the only references I found on the Web are a drawing:

http://www.maison-russie.fr/invites/monnai...eta_cuivre.html

(the bust is left, but I think it is an error) and a set of photos:

http://coins-decorations.com/images/800-999/868/868.php

(it seems to be quite different from your coin...)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hi kishim,

the Standard Catalog of World Coins (18th century 3rd edition) by Krause lists five types of 1755 copper kopek without including photos.

You can find photos of six types of 1755 copper kopek in the section of patterns of the same catalog and one of them seems to correspond to your coin.

There are two "5" in the coin of the catalog, but I think that there are a letter (it seems "Г" or "F", but "F" doesn't exist in cyrilic alphabet), low on the left, and a "5", low on the right, in your coin.

I'm sorry, but I can't tell you the way to understand if your coin is a pattern or no or a forgery.

This is the reference of the catalog: Pn3, 1755 Kopek Copper, page 1086 Russia.

Ciao. :)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.