Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Problema catalogo Fiorelli

Mark Fox

Risposte migliori

Salve a tutti!

I hope you can understand my English (= Spero che siate in grado di capire il mio inglese).

I have a research problem and Nico kindly suggested that I ask the Italian Forum for help. My problem concerns the 19th century Fiorelli coin catalogs:

Fiorelli (G.). Catalogo del Museo nazionale di Napoli. Naples, 1866-1872.

I am looking for photocopies or scans of all the coins of Sestus (also spelled Sestos, in the Thracian Chersonese) that Fiorelli recorded, but unfortnuately, I do not have access to any of the volumes... RPC I claims Naples has a Sestus coin of Claudius (N 6472), although I do not know when it was acquired. I requested an image of the coin from the museum a long time ago and am still waiting. They are extremely slow...

I would like to receive the information above for a catalog I am writing on the Roman provincial coinage of Sestus. Of course, if anyone has such coins in their collections and would like them mentioned in my work, I would be more than happy to do so!

Many thanks for everyone's valuable time and for any help that can be provided!

Felice Anno Nuovo!

Cordiali saluti,

Mark Fox

Michigan

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I own a copy of Fiorelli, Monete Greche (1870), but up to page 105 (last number = 6228, Sarmatia), since I am interested only to the coinage Italic.

Someone can scan the relevant page on Sestos?

Otherwise you have to wait for the reopening of libraries here in Rome after the Christmas holidays (from January 6) .... in order to scan the page for you....

Modificato da acraf
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Dear Mark,

I'm glad to tell you I found this scan on my hard disk. Fiorelli listed just one Sestos coin, though under Tiberius (maybe he misread the obv. legend?). I translate the description:

Obv: Laureate head of Tiberius r.; in countermark: eagle with wings open.
Rev: Lyre.

Bronze, 17mm

post-21682-0-17344600-1388847295_thumb.j

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Salve Acraf e Dareios It!

My apologies for this very late reply. I was hoping that Lamoneta would notify me when someone responded to my question(s)...

Nevertheless, my sincere thanks to both of you for your kind efforts and valuable information! It really helped a lot.

My offer is of course still open: if anyone here has a Roman provincial coin of Sestus that he or she would like to have cited in my catalog, this is the time to write me.

Best regards,

Mark Fox

Michigan

Modificato da Mark Fox
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Unisciti alla discussione

Puoi iniziare a scrivere subito, e completare la registrazione in un secondo momento. Se hai già un account, accedi al Forum con il tuo profilo utente..

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato..   Cancella editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Caricamento...
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.