Vai al contenuto
IGNORED

Vittorio Emanuele III - 1 Lira 1940 XVIII magnetico

Risposte migliori

Ciao, la mia lingua italiana e troppo male perché un austriaco, allora scrivo in inglese. Grazie :)

Hello, I got the following coin (1 Lire 1940 XVIII, coined in Rome) and found out, that there is one type which is magnetic and one which is not magnetic. My coin is a magnetic one!

Why is there one type which is not magnetic? And for what stands the XVIII? How much would this coin be worth (the foto isn't as good as the coin is in real)?

Kind regards,

Christian

post-14464-1249306063_thumb.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

XVIII means that 1940 was means 18 year of fascism.

Due the war, it was reduced the nichel in those coins, and that's why some are magnetic strongly, some only a few, and someother not.

The 1940 is the more common year for this coinage.

This coin appear circulated, XF. Only UNC coins had small value, about 5 euro.

sorry for bad english! I Hope this was usefull

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

la tua magnetica lega ferro cromo

altro tipo lira antimagnetica ferro cromo nichelio come lega

ciao wagner io non parlo tedesco

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

small value, about 5 euro.

Oh, although it is strongly magnetic?

And why was nichel reduced? Because it was to expensive?

@angelonidaniele: Grazie per le informazioni :)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

small value, about 5 euro.

Oh, although it is strongly magnetic?

@angelonidaniele: Grazie per le informazioni :)

prego non c'è di che :rolleyes:

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Il mio indovinare sarebbe perché il nichel è tanto cruciale in un tempo di guerra contesto, per macchine utensili e altri usi industriali.

Molti WWII coinages riflettere il fatto che nichel è a un premio—Canada, per esempio, sostituendo il nichel in suoi pezzi di 5-cent prima con la lega “tombac ” e poi con acciaio cromato.

Un caso estremo è il pezzo di 5-cent U.S. di 1942-45, dove argento sostituito il nichel solitamente utilizzati in moneta.

Potrei detour per un attimo è una domanda, wagner? :rolleyes: Io ho stato sperando di conoscere un altoparlante- tedesco la seguente frase (it incise su un 20-pfennig d'argento della Germania imperiale): “Wngartn ist kein Schlekhafen ”.

“Un vigneto non è un _____-porto? ” O? Qualsiasi aiuto sarebbe molto apprezzato!

:) v.

--------------------------------------

My guess would be because nickel is so crucial in a wartime context, for machine tools and other industrial uses.

Many WWII coinages reflect the fact that nickel is at a premium—Canada, for instance, replacing the nickel in its 5-cent pieces first with the alloy “tombac,” and then with chromium-plated steel.

An extreme case is the U.S. 5-cent piece of 1942-45, where silver replaced the nickel usually used in the coin.

Could I detour for a moment to ask you a question, wagner? :rolleyes: I’ve been hoping to ask a German-speaker about the following phrase (it’s engraved on a silver 20-pfennig of Imperial Germany): “Wngarten ist kein Schlekhafen.”

“A vineyard is not a _____-harbor?” Or? Any help would be much appreciated!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Could I detour for a moment to ask you a question, wagner? :rolleyes: I’ve been hoping to ask a German-speaker about the following phrase (it’s engraved on a silver 20-pfennig of Imperial Germany): “Wngarten ist kein Schlekhafen.”

Hello, a foto would be helpful :)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello, a foto would be helpful :)

La moneta è troppo difficile da fotografare sin d'ora, purtroppo. Ma davvero non c'è molto più informazioni per essere aveva.

La moneta è un ordinario German silver 20-pfennig della 1873-1877 tipo. Il lato l'aquila è intatto, ma l'altro lato (data, taglio, anche ecc.) è stato piallato liscia, e qualcuno ha inciso la frase: “Wngrtn is kein Schlekhafen. ”

Ho fornito alcune vocali e ampliato “Wngrtn ” into “Weingarten”. Ma non può essere che affatto. Pensavo forse che fosse una frase ben nota, o qualcosa che potrebbe scatenare immediato riconoscimento da qualcuno ha parlato il linguaggio.

Ma grazie, wagner. Se ricevo una foto della... attendere, attendere... la moneta non è nella sezione “tedesco”—trova nella sezione “Varie”, molto più facile ottenere to(!)—mi verrà cercare di pubblicare una foto questa sera.

--------------------------------------

The coin is too difficult to photograph right now, unfortunately. But there is really not much more information to be had.

The coin is an ordinary German silver 20-pfennig of the 1873-1877 type. The eagle side is intact, but the other side (date, denomination, etc) has been planed smooth, and someone has engraved that phrase: “Wngrtn ist kein Schlekhafen.”

I supplied some vowels and expanded “Wngrtn” into “Weingarten.” But it may not be that at all. I thought maybe it was a well-known phrase, or something that might trigger instant recognition by someone spoke the language.

But thanks, wagner. If I get a photo of the...wait, wait...the coin isn’t in the “German” section—it’s in the “Miscellaneous” section, much easier to get to(!)—I’ll try to post a photo tonight.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

I supplied some vowels and expanded “Wngrtn” into “Weingarten.” But it may not be that at all. I thought maybe it was a well-known phrase, or something that might trigger instant recognition by someone spoke the language.

I don't know this phrase as itself, but I have some different ideas.

* "hafen" could also be understand as cup or can

* "schlek" [in german "schlecken"] means "to lick something"

--> all together could be meant as a sarcastic phrase about drinking to much, drinking without responsibility

But this is just an idea, because Weingarten is also the name of several germany villages. And in this context I don't know what "schlekhafen" could be meant - probably another village or institution, if you see these facts in a historical context (your 20 Pfennig got coined while the start of the industrial revolution; maybe it's the scepisism of that?)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Guest Ilmonetaio

Ne approfitto per mostrarvi la mia, comprata tempo fa in un momento di distrazione mentale...

Cel'ho in collezione come un pesce fuor d'acqua. Vedrò di farla fuori a Riccione.

XVIII is the roman number telling how many years passed under the Mussolini State proclamation.

1LIRA1941PD.jpg

1LIRA1941PR.jpg

Modificato da Ilmonetaio
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Super-sharp 1-lira, monetaio. L'aspetto inverso, quasi come una Proof (FS). Deve essere un precoce sciopero da un nuovo die, forse? Davvero una bella moneta. Mi complimenti.

E ringrazia per il cervello-assalto, wagner, per la 20-pfennig. Ecco il dritto:

post-12167-1249443456_thumb.jpg

Prendo nota l'assenza di mintmarks (in una sola volta, il Krause cataloghi utilizzati per eseguire un 20-pfennig sans mintmarks nel listato della tipo, ma non ora). Noto anche i resti di saldature nella parte superiore della moneta—deve hanno avuto un ciclo in una sola volta. La condizione è abbastanza alta, quindi deve non avere state indossati o trasportati molto.

E ora il inverso...

---------------------------------------

Super-sharp 1-lira, monetaio. The reverse looks almost like a Proof (FS). Must be an early strike from a new die, maybe? Really a nice coin. My compliments.

And thanks for the brain-storming, wagner, on the 20-pfennig. Here’s the obverse:

post-12167-1249443456_thumb.jpg

I note the absence of mintmarks (at one time, the Krause catalogs used to carry an 1877 20-pfennig sans mintmarks in the listing of the type, but not now). I also note the remains of solder on the top of the coin—must have had a loop at one time. The condition is fairly high, so it must not have been worn or carried much.

And now the reverse....

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Il lato “messaggio” del pezzo:

post-12167-1249443657_thumb.jpg

Qualsiasi aiuto supplementare interpretare il messaggio qui è molto apprezzato!

------------------------------

The “message” side of the piece:

post-12167-1249443657_thumb.jpg

Any additional help interpreting the message here is much appreciated!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Molto grazie, wagner. Mi sono chiesta da tempo che questo frase significata. Sono mai riuscito a trovare “Schlekhafen” nei dizionari. Naturalmente no. Apparentemente è un'espressione altamente idiomatiche.

Questa moneta poco ha quindi un messaggio più opaco di me pensiero. (Avevo sospettavo è detto qualcosa di simile è “il vigneto non cassaforte-porto ”, o alcuni tali. Oh bene. Torna alla vecchia disegno-scheda! Ringraziamenti ancora una volta.

--------------------------------

Vielen dank, wagner. I have wondered a long time what this phrase meant. I never could find “Schlekhafen” in the dictionaries. Of course not. Apparently it is a highly idiomatic expression.

So this little coin has a more opaque message than I thought. (I had suspected it said something like “the vineyard is no safe-harbor,” or some such. Oh well. Back to the old drawing-board! Thanks again.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Oppiano ha chiuso il topic
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
  • Crea Nuovo...

Avviso Importante

Il presente sito fa uso di cookie. Si rinvia all'informativa estesa per ulteriori informazioni. La prosecuzione nella navigazione comporta l'accettazione dei cookie, dei Terms of Use e della Privacy Policy.